Thursday, November 11, 2010

Busy Busy Busy

I've been really busy with a bunch of knitting, but I did finish my harry potter sweater last month, and I also finished Julie's.  Now she's all married, and living far far away.  Since it's November, my Christmas knitting/gift making is well under way.  I just finished a hat, which I think looks great.


It's really more of a teal blueish color.  But, I'm proud, just a simple CO of 90 stitches, knit in the round, 1X1 rib for about 3 inches, then I just stockinette stitched for about 7-8 inches, and then decreased starting every 9 stitches, bring it in one more stitch each time to make the pretty swirl decrease.  This hat did take entirely too long to finish.  I dawdled a lot when I was making it, and sometimes only gave it 20 minutes of my time in the day.

Also I was Strawberry Shortcake for Halloween.



Made my costume from scratch and finished it within 4 Harry Potters - roughly 8 hours.  I think the hat is my favorite part. :)  I originally knitted a hat that I intended to be slouchy but it didn't end up that way because I didn't continue to increase... my bad.  but it's still really cute.



This was my first no pattern cable project.  I think it turned out really good.  The top twirls too...


While I'm sharing pictures of my finished projects, here's the Harry Potter sweaters.  I'm on the right if you couldn't tell with the big R on my sweater :)  I'm really excited for HP7.  Going to go see it at midnight in IMAX.


Also, another time stealer that's developed, is I've started taking bellydancing classes.  It's a lot of fun, and it's helped me lose 20 pounds and counting.  I would like to be down 35 pounds by New Years, but I'm proud of whatever I get.  Being 20 pounds lighter feels great and my tight jeans, are loose now.  Makes me feel a little more confident in my single life too.  Which, to comment lightly on that, I've gone on a couple of dates... and that's where it ends. :)  Nice guys, I just don't think we had enough in common.  But, I'm not fretting.  I have faith that things are about to change soon for me.  Maybe even right before the New Year...

I look forward to posting more pictures soon of my christmas gifts!  And I should probably make more effort in getting my website finished so I can launch it.  I guess that's just another one of those things that gets me down a little.  No need to go into detail, but I'll have to get a new web address, which stinks but I'm sure it'll work out for the better in the end like everything else in life.  I also apparently need to buy a mirror - instead of waiting on the one I currently own to arrive to me.  Because it's never going to happen.  Unfortunate really.

OH also, I've started the "Watch every Disney Animated great in chronological order challenge"  I'll update my notes when I finish the challenge - so far I've finished the first five.  

Computer is about to die, and I should have been sleeping long ago.  Oh reminder - update crazy nightmares.

No comments:

Post a Comment