Monday, April 6, 2015

Opening Day!

Today is Opening Day for the Reds! Yay! It's like the official start of Spring here in Cincinnati :)  To celebrate I'm wearing a bunch of Reds crafts that I've made previously and I resized two t-shirts I got from the Reds Star Wars game last year!

These shirts were an Adult XL. I usually resize Adult L's so the resizing part was a little more than usual! On the t-shirt I moved the shoulder seams in and I made the sleeves skinnier.  On both the shirts I curved in the waist and cut off about 2 inches.  Today I'm wearing the t-shirt version but I bet the tank will get a lot of wear this summer since summers in Cincinnati tend to be very humid. :D


I previously made this headband, necklace and earrings.  The necklace and earrings were super simple to make with some clear red pony beads and baseball beads.  I strung them on white yarn haha.  The earrings are also strung on white yarn and I used paper clips to create the hook part!  The headband was just a knitted piece that I knit to a circle shape and then just duplicate stitched the red thread marks and the sloppy, "Reds" haha :)  I should really consider taking it apart and trying to make it look nicer.


You can see the earrings better in this picture.  Also I'm wearing a Reds Hoodie that I got at Victoria Secret's Pink store. :)


And what opening day would be complete without Cracker Jacks?  I left my house super early just so I could stop at Walgreens and pick up a bag.  That's dedication my friends haha.

I'm still working on making my first dress from a pattern.  It's not going as swimmingly as I had hoped.  I had finished cutting everything out and got the front and back bodice completely sewn with the liner and held it up.  It isn't even funny how much it doesn't fit.  Even with the pattern for a size 12 stating it would fit my bust it definitely did not.  After work today I'll be picking up some tissue paper so I can make my first FBA - full bust adjustment.  Just to reiterate how off this sizing was, this size 12 could only possibly fit maybe a B cup and I'm a DD.  So super off. :(  I still have lots of fabric left so I'm hoping it isn't going to be an issue.  I'll be making a mock top before cutting the fabric though.

*heart*
-Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment