Monday, April 1, 2013

Sweaters & Sweatshirts from 2011- 2013!

As promised!! I'm trying to post them in completion order.  Here's the first one that didn't get added in my 2011 updates.


I made this with Loops and Threads (Michaels brand) Charisma.  It's 100% Acrylic and super soft.  The sweater pattern is called "Oatmeal Pullover" and can be found on Ravelry.  I love this sweater, it's really warm.  I wear it when I know I'm going to be cold.  It isn't for a mild fall or spring day. :)


Again, made with Charisma.  I made this to look like Phineas' shirt that he wears in Phineas and Ferb.  One of the best cartoons on tv!!!  Also used the Oatmeal pullover pattern again :)


Ok, Ok, I know but I really love the Oatmeal Pullover pattern and the Charisma yarn.  I timed how long it took me to make this.  12 hours. BOOM.  I like how I finally strayed from striping - which the pattern is all one color haha.




Bergen Street Cardigan (pattern on ravelry)  This one turned out a little big in the body and I remember struggling with the pattern at times but in the end I think it turned out great! :)  Made with Alpaca!  And my cat specializes in hugs.


Made a Shrug!!  My shrug making skills still needs work, but this is from 1 skein of red heart super saver - it was a birthday present so I felt like making a shrug from it :)




"I heart Aran" sweater.  I put a lot of work into this one.  It's another one I love!  It has hearts and x's and o's in the cables :)  The only thing I'd do different, which i might eventually go back and fix, is make it about an inch or two longer, it feels just a bit short in the front.   Made with Cascade 220.


This sweatshirt was just a bit too wide and the arms too baggy so I just took it in. Sorry no before picture but I really like it now that it has a more feminine baggy sweatshirt fit. :)


Made in less than 2 weeks this is "Rotation" found on ravelry, I think for free.  Side notes about this.  The pattern description did not specify to repeat the set of rounds, say it gave a pattern of 5 rows, it didn't say to repeat that 5 times.  It should have.  I had the yoke done and I had to take it apart to get it to match the pictures.  I'm glad I did, it looks fantastic!  Also, I did the alternate colors in the bottom ribbing too, the pattern didn't call for that.  The pictures on the right are color accurate.



"Aidez"  found it on Ravelry but I think it was a yarn company's pattern.  I ended up changing all the cables and adding a seed stitch. lol talk about heavily modified.  I also added the wide collar and buttons.  I really love how this turned out especially considering all the changes I made, I've never strayed so far from a pattern in knitting when it involved a sweater!  The yarn is upcycled from a store bought - but purchased at the thrift store blanket.  It's 100% acrylic. And super super warm!  I tell people it's like wearing a blanket! Because I am!


I couldn't find the original, but the sweatshirt in the picture was created entirely out of two non hooded sweatshirts.  I also added the "The Crew" logo by hand with fabric markers :)


This was a super baggy sweatshirt that I took in, really simple and took maybe 7 minutes. :)

And now a before and after with a look at how I do it!


Ok so the problem with this sweatshirt is really only that the sleeves are too big.  The body of the sweater fit really well, even without waist shaping. (taking it in at the natural waist)


Using white thread so you can see, and because I was too lazy to change it, you can see that I simply sewed in enough to get rid of the excess fabric that I didn't need in the sleeve, then because the body fit so well, I kept the seam really close to the side.  I could have stopped at the seam of the sleeve to the body but I thought it would look better if there were a matching seam down the side of the body.


You can see that the sleeves are more fitted and the body is still the same, fitted body.


 Hopefully tomorrow I can keep up the trend of catching up and share my headwear and t-shirt surgeries?

No comments:

Post a Comment