Thursday, July 7, 2011

Projects 51-53

So Project 51 was made with another 3 projects but I don't have pictures of those yet, so for now I just give you one necklace instead of 4. :)



And Yes, I decided to put on my Robin costume just for the picture. lol. :) I made it using Max California's pdf tutorial found here. It was fun! Angie and I got together last Friday and made these :)  I also have an "I love Brian" one, a <3 Knit knitting one, and an "I love Sewing" one.  Angie made a Captain America one and a knitting one.  We used sculpey and mod podge.  And jump rings that are super colorful. :)


Project 51 - Julie's last minute Ravenclaw scarf!  I need to hurry up and get this in the mail tomorrow!! But even though it took me longer than my projected 10 days I think it turned out great! It only took 1 skein of Red Heart Super Saver Royal Blue for the whole thing too!  So yay $3 scarf!  This scarf was knit in 1 X1 ribbing and measures about 5 feet long.  I have 9 sections - Blue, grey, blue, grey, repeat, and ended with another 18 rows of blue to make it uniform on both ends.  I only casted on 42 sts and used size 8's instead of the recommended 6's.  I think that's what they used. :)  I'm pretty satisfied with this, and I think I might make some more scarves just also work on other things since they get so repetitive and boring.




I decided to just to take pictures with the variety of ways the scarf could be worn, since after 6 inches it's all the same. :)


Project 53 - House Brawl shirt from Threadless resize. This was a simple resize and didn't take much time. (30 minutes?) I think it looks amazing! Threadless didn't offer this shirt in the female size of my choice when I bought it, so I bought a Men's Large. Which is great because it gives me the extra room in the chest that I need and then the length. I did bring up the neckline and brought the sleeves in, and added a pucker for a puff sleeve. :) And shaped a bit for the waist but I didn't go crazy, maybe only brought it in a total of 2-3 inches.  I like that this resize the shirt is a little looser than tighter, I usually resize it to fit like a glove but this is a nice change :)


Pucker sleeves for puffiness!



Well I should get to working work.  And I have almost finished another captain america headband for my sister and I want to make her another headband with just a bow before I mail her scarf off tomorrow, So I can mail those also :)

No comments:

Post a Comment