Saturday, August 21, 2010

Knitting is what I do

I've been doing a lot of knitting, I know surprise surprise.  I'm simultaneously working on 1 secret project, my harry potter sweater, and knitting an afghan.  On top of all of that I want to join the Knit-a-long that's going on at Ravelry to knit a lost afghan, also known as a lostghan.  They're already on week four, but I'm not concerned, I assume that I'll just knit up some squares and duplicate stitch onto them instead of doing what you do with washcloths which requires you to purl when you want an image to show up against your stockinette stitch.

I've been watching a lot of cartoons lately, I need to find Pinocchio so I can start watching the Disney classics of animation in chronological order.  Pinocchio is the 2nd movie I'd have to watch if you didn't know. :)

I started on the intarsia for the R for my Harry Potter Sweater:


I'm positive that it'll turn out great, if not, I'm taking it apart and doing it over, I've decided it's worth it to me to redo the R if I don't like it because it's too much work to make a sweater and not like it.

In other news, I went to the mystery murder dinner last night with some friends, and I was Melissa F Dupre, the mourning gold digging trampy widow.  I found these shoes at the thrift store and I managed to wear them more than 75% of the entire night.


They're hot pink!  And my new favorites.

I also made my first profit on a craft, not much, like 2 bucks :) BUT it was a mustache for a friend.  I had Hello Kitty model this one for me. :)



Gotta go find some black and gold, I'm going to my first Columbus Crew game tonight and I'm really excited. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment