Saturday, June 25, 2011

Cozies for everyone!

I suffer from always being cold.  It's not medical, I'm just a baby.  I also don't like holding cold sweaty pop or beer cans.  Thus I had a need and invented the cozy.  Yes, I invented it.  Anything you saw before, were all imitations! lol...


SIZE 
One size fits all... maybe most.
FINISHED MEASUREMENTS
lol, go measure a can
MATERIALS
1 skein of medium worsted yarn (RedHeart SuperSaver)
US 4 DPN
stitch markers
GAUGE
5 sts/7 rows=1 inch stockinette stitch
PATTERN NOTES
CO=Cast on
sts=stitches
div=divide
k=knit
m=make
When making a new stitch for the increase, you can either just wrap a stitch, or Knit one in the front of the loop, then before pulling yarn off of left needle, knit one in the back of the loop, then finish pulling the 2 sts off the left needle.  Make sense?  Hope so!  If you choose to wrap the stitch - wrapping the yarn around the needle then continuing knitting, it will make a hole-y-er increase, whereas the K1fb makes a tighter and nicer looking increase.
Also, before finishing up with the 39 sts, I like to measure it up to a can to see if it needs more or less sts, sometimes I'm knitting tighter than usual.  Also, it's nice to knit on bigger needles and get larger coozies for larger beverages!
PATTERN
CO 6 sts div evenly between needles
Row 1 K
Row 2 K1 m1 K1, repeat per needle (9 sts)
Row 3 K
Row 4 K1 m1, K to last two, K1 m1 K1, repeat per needle (15 sts)
Row 5 K
Row 6 K1 m1, K to last two, K1 m1 K1, repeat per needle (21 sts)
Row 7 K
Row 8 K1 m1, K to last two, K1 m1 K1, repeat per needle (27 sts)
Row 9 K
Row 10 K1 m1, K to last two, K1 m1 K1, repeat per needle (33 sts)
Row 11 K
Row 12 K1 m1, K to last two, K1 m1 K1, repeat per needle (36 sts)
Row 13 k
Row 14 K1 m1, K to last two, K1 m1 K1, repeat per needle (39 sts)
Row 15 K
Row 16 Mark first stitch with stitch marker, k
Continue to knit until you’ve met your desired length, bind off and enjoy! :)  I usually knit another 4-4.5" or 11 centimeters.

Also, it must be said, this is my original design, and I would prefer if anyone using wouldn't sell my pattern or the products that they make from it.  Isn't it just nicer to make things and give them away?  I mean, the pattern is free because I enjoy just giving things away :)

4 comments:

  1. Very nice. Thanx for sharing. I have been looking for flat bottomed cozies. I put one together myself but the bottom is quite messy. Yours seems quite tidy, I will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Let me know if you have any questions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have a question, Im pretty new to knitting. Ive done several scarves and working on blankets. Never followed a pattern though. when you say K1 m1 K1....i understand m=make but what do you mean by that in the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Christin, sorry it's taken over a year to resond, but to answer your question, in regards to the pattern I'm saying you need to increase a stitch. It's really up to you how you want to increase, there are several methods. I used to just loop the yarn around the needle. SO I'd knit one, loop the yarn around making one stitch and continue knitting. You can also use the method of k1fb - knit one stitch in the front of the loop and then in the back of the same stitch. That will create a new stitch.

    ReplyDelete