Sunday, June 12, 2011

Next Project: Paper R2D2 & Princess Leia's!

So, I got $60 worth of gift cards to Michaels for my birthday so I figured why not buy all my yarn and needles for this awesome project!?  I'm in the US, and I do appreciate the fact that knitting is mostly universal, however, my Michaels does not carry 3 mm circular needles which the pattern calls for.  I could get 3.25, 3.5, or 2.75.  I just went with the 3.25mm or US 4 as I know them. :)

With this action I don't know why I was so surprised that my gauge was tremendously off.  I've just calculated out what my CO should be and I'm just going to take it from there.  My gauge is 5 sts and 7 rows for 1 inch.  The patterns' gauge is 6.5 sts and 10.5 rows an inch.  So, I'm a lot off.  I should sit pretty at a size 8, with most of my concern being the bust line to be big enough, I'm a thin waisted heavier chested young lady, but a CO of 190 sts should do me well.  The beauty about making your own garment is you can adjust it to your own needs!

Also, I'm apparently very apprehensive about purchasing 100% wool since I keep buying blends.  But the blend is sooo soft. :)  And the colors are beautiful!  I'm knitting with Bamboo Ewe (pink and purple) and it's a blend of 55%Bamboo and 45% Wool and I'm using Patons Angora Bamboo which is a blend of 55% Bamboo, 35% Wool, and 10% Angora.  If I'm correct any washing I do, will have to be done by hand and in cool water and laid to dry.  All my sweaters can't be done in wool-ease apparently. :)

I also finished my harry potter sweater!  It's short sleeved and puffed and I love it.  Slightly short - by like half an inch to an inch but not really noticable. :)




(Project 44^^^^^)


Projects 39 - 41 - Necklace, Bracelet and Earring trio.  Altogether it cost me about a dollar which is super exciting and I think the earrings are beautiful!  Which, was the first thing I made and what I wanted to make most. :)



Project 42 - I have a lot of randomish beads laying around, and these popcoyn - not popcorn - beads are awesome and I love popcorn so I thought I should make them and wear them to the movies sometime :)


Project 43 - Build a Bear outfit!  I built Junie Bin on Friday and Thursday night I decided I wanted to bring an outfit with me to save money... Already knowing I was going to get the new pink hello kitty I also fashioned a matching velcro bow. :)

Pictures to come soon of my swatch for my paperdolls sweater.  Which is going to be epic! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment